The parent-to-teacher-to-parent connection
Schoolnet's parental access module, ParentConnection, offers parents unprecedented access to their children's grades, assignments, attendance records, report cards, discipline incidents and more. Parents can even set "triggers" to automatically alert them via email, phone call or text message when their students receive low grades or are marked absent.
Parents can sign up for their own ParentConnection accounts using a simple web form - it's as easy as signing up for a web-based email account. Administrators can choose whether parents must supply their email addresses and phone numbers - many districts find this essential to maintaining communication with parents outside of the system.
Key Features and Benefits
With the ParentConnection module:
- Parents can view all recent, upcoming and past assignments for each student. Teachers can also attach documents to individual assignments for download
- Parent can view a cumulative list of all their students' grades, as well as access "real-time" progress reports
- Parents can access attendance data, along with discipline incident reports and recent report cards
- Parents can set up "trigger" notifications that allow them to receive alerts when a grade drops below a certain threshold or when their children are marked with an attendance event. Of note, alerts can be sent by email or text message (districts using Schoolnet's Voice Server module can also use phone callouts)
- Parents can send notes to teachers from within ParentConnection, and receive notes and documents in return